Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chicoes
Regular MemberPosts: 239
Like?
Thinking of S120
4 months ago

I currently have SX160IS. My wife and I are planning a honeymoon to Thailand in the summer and although I am by no means a pro or even close to that, I would like to have a camera that will take high quality photos since this is more like a once or twice in a lifetime trip for us.

I have been contemplating between the Sony RX100 and the S120. I know that IQ wise, the Sony is better (not sure if its THAT better) but the canon is more like an all around camera.

First, I do use S mode mostly on my SX160 but I would like the camera to take high quality photos on AUTO also and definitely better than a high end smartphone.

I would also like it to be pocketable, easy to use and take better pics on low light without a tripod (better than my SX160).

The one thing that kind of bothering me is that the canon doesnt have a panorama mode. I still havent decided if its a deal breaker but it does annoys me to the point that it might become a deal breaker.

So, would the s120 meet my requirements? im not sure if the extra $$ for the RX100 is worth the difference.

since the trip is in the summer, would it be wise to wait for an S130?  is there a chance for a panoramic mode on the S series?

Thanks

Canon PowerShot S120 FinePix S1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow