Thinking of S120

Started Mar 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
chicoes
chicoes Regular Member • Posts: 261
Thinking of S120

I currently have SX160IS. My wife and I are planning a honeymoon to Thailand in the summer and although I am by no means a pro or even close to that, I would like to have a camera that will take high quality photos since this is more like a once or twice in a lifetime trip for us.

I have been contemplating between the Sony RX100 and the S120. I know that IQ wise, the Sony is better (not sure if its THAT better) but the canon is more like an all around camera.

First, I do use S mode mostly on my SX160 but I would like the camera to take high quality photos on AUTO also and definitely better than a high end smartphone.

I would also like it to be pocketable, easy to use and take better pics on low light without a tripod (better than my SX160).

The one thing that kind of bothering me is that the canon doesnt have a panorama mode. I still havent decided if its a deal breaker but it does annoys me to the point that it might become a deal breaker.

So, would the s120 meet my requirements? im not sure if the extra $$ for the RX100 is worth the difference.

since the trip is in the summer, would it be wise to wait for an S130?  is there a chance for a panoramic mode on the S series?

Thanks

Canon PowerShot S120 FinePix S1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow