G1 X Mark II Loses Exposure Lock Button

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
grey-ghost
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: G1 X Mark II Loses Exposure Lock Button
In reply to kitchenbug, 9 months ago

kitchenbug wrote:

Page 105 of the user guide - it looks like the "Movie Button" can be assigned a function. There is also the shortcut button. Maybe one of this button could be assigned the AE lock feature. I'm using the AE lock feature frequently.

I have the camera (I live in Japan). You can assign AE lock to either of these buttons.

Good information kitchenbug.

And with that assignability, the organization of buttons and click wheel functions on the Mk II makes a lot of sense to me:  three buttons in close proximity, within easy thumb reach, control AE lock, focus point selection and manual focus operation; the click/control dial controls ISO, Exposure Compensation, Flash and Macro mode; and the two buttons assigned to setting infrequently changed general camera operations (DISP and MENU) are relegated to the bottom of the body as these would not normally be thumb initiated operations at image capture.

Different from previous G-series bodies, certainly; dumb, maybe not so.  Only real hands on experience will tell.

-- hide signature --

Carpe Diem,
Mike

grey-ghost's gear list:grey-ghost's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow