Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Enir4
Senior MemberPosts: 2,056Gear list
Like?
Re: I got cold feet and canceled the 14-140 order,
In reply to Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson, 6 months ago

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

Enir4 wrote

Not crazy at all. I think that the 35-100, a splendid zoom, is the way to go, and that's why I got it. One day I may buy the 75, but I remember all too well that in my Canon days I used much, much more often the 70-200L than my dear 85 1.2L and my 135 2L.

Enrique

This is something I know, I did use the 70-200 Canon much more than the 135 f/2 (a wonderful lens), just like you say ...

so, if I calm down, take a deep breath and think things through with a clear head (or try to do that , the only outcome is the 35-100 f/2.8..

best regards
from currently rather cold Iceland.

I don't doubt that the 75mm lens is even better than the 35-100, since everybody says so. But I am satisfied with the quality I get from my 35-100, as in the picture below. I mean to say that one must draw the line somewhere, or else we'll end up buying the Phase One with wonderful Zeiss lenses. And this somewhere to me are the 2.8 Panasonic zooms, the 12-35 and 35-100. (talking about crazy stuff, just today I bought (again!) the Sony RX1).

Kind regards from warm Mediterranean.

PS. Colors and contrast didn't come well in the upload. Oh well...

Enir4's gear list:Enir4's gear list
RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow