Flat view
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,280
Like?
OK, ROSS - Here's what we ALL look like -- COMPOSITE Photo
6 months ago

OK - thanks to Ross, we've seen our individual faces, here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3642827

but look at this; here's what we ALL look like, a composite of 65 memebrs of the Glen Burnie, Maryland Rotary club, april, 1955, by my dad, Eskil M. Ohlson:

My dad did this by taking all 65 photos on 4x5 film, having drawn pencil lines for centering and aligning eyes on the graound glass shot square-on, then we printed the lot - one at a time with each getting 1/65th the exposure in the enlarger. We changed the enlargement a bit to keep the eye-mouth distance ths same as all human eyes are about 2-1/4 inch apart and with no adjustment the mouths were very indistinct.

Tedious job.

But WAIT ! You say - that's just one club !.

Dad got the idea from "The Camera" magazine, January 1933. A composite of 152 members of a Masonic lodge, "The Unknown Mason" Photo by David Edmonston:

I guess more of these guys wore glasses - and bow ties, and may have been a bit older. Looks quite the same, though.

Then, in 1959, "True" Magazine ran this, captioned "This Man is your Brother":

"This Man is your Brother" from "True" Magazine, August 1959.
A composite of 109 men "from all walks of life" by Ray Eisenhardt.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow