Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,520
Like?
Oly DSLR vs Mirrorless quality. . .
4 months ago

In response to sensor cleaning in the "open" forum, I'm surprised by the admission that Oly mirrorless users have needed to clean their sensor occasionally.  I'm still using my E30 and my E500, and still have never had to clean a sensor on either camera. I'm considering an upgrade from my E30 in the near to mid term (depends on fiscal situation), and obviously Olympus is still in play as a supplier.

Do you feel the design, or engineering, standards have been diminished in any way, on this (or any other feature) between the two Oly lines?  I'd love to hear an honest assessment.

My E30 is a bit of a tank when it comes to engineering and build quality, and even my E500 still feels like a new camera compared to some cameras I've handled. I might be willing to accept SOME reduced build quality since cameras just aren't meant to last 20+ years any more and I'm not particularly hard on my cameras, so it seems a bit "pound foolish" to spend extra for engineering and design qualities I would not likely need, but I do want to know what I might expect before I spend any money.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow