A7, Canon 70d, Or a6000?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,977Gear list
Like?
Re: A7, Canon 70d, Or a6000?
In reply to tianoy0218, 9 months ago

Hello, I recently purchased sony a7 from B&H but I am still looking for more opinions on whether to keep it or not. I just want to do photography for fun, nothing serious. Looking at cameras has always fascinated me and I'm actually excited that I'm finally getting one but I don't know if I made the right choice. I mainly shoot still objects for fun. Also, I'm considering the 70d because of its price point but the size of it is too intimidating for a beginner like me.I don't know much about the a6000 but I have been hearing good reviews about it.  HELP PLS!

It depends on why you are asking this question. The a7 is a fine camera and the only FF of the three. Sony a6000 is from the same mount but APSc (and sounds like a very capable camera while being the cheapest). The 70D is an APSc DSLR but with mirrorless intentions for liveview.

If you really want to enjoy photography, I would keep a7 and pick up a few legacy lenses. You can do the same with a6000 but with FF, you get to use the lens for the field of view it was designed for.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow