Sharing travel photography original full size files with travel companions, yes or no?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 13,547
Like?
Re: Sharing travel photography original full size files with travel companions, yes or no?
In reply to kayone, 6 months ago

kayone wrote:

What's everyone's elses take on this? Is it being ungenerous, withholding or reasonable to not want to freely give all your original full res travel photos to someone else just because they travelled with you.

Sounds entirely reasonable. I freely share pictures of people with them. But any scenics or other types of photography that don't really involve them, I'll upload at screen sizes (and big enough for 4x6 prints), if at all. Beyond that, it depends on the circumstances - are the people friendly, appreciative, or just demanding ? (You mentioned friends in one part, then people who aren't friends in another).

I guess I don't travel much in groups and haven't really been in this situation. I do lots of sharing of pictures I take of people - I use my smugmug account and upload to hidden galleries - but even then, I'll typically upload at no bigger than 1600x2400, which is an 8x12 at 200dpi.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow