Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blanko00
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
If Samsung...
9 months ago

The nx mini looks like an interesting move, for anyone interested in 1", but probably not for many on the N1 forum, but how about if they follow up with an advanced body?

Just really asking in the spirit of a poll, no intention of starting another argument.

I had a Samsung EX1, and it was one of the few cameras I've honestly, really truly loved. Bit noisy, but honest noise if you know what I mean. But the glass; amazing. It was Schneider Kreuznach branded. Like I'm dubious of how Leica Panasonic glass might be, it had that special 'pop' none the less. So if the glass is good?

And just like other electronics rather than camera manufacturers, Samsung seems to release cameras in a blizzard. Throwing stuff at the wall, seeing what sticks. So why shouldn't they want some of this pie?

My dad used to photograph as part of his job. When he switched to a 35mm, Japanese camera, he got flack in the office. They'd all be sticking to their German medium format cameras, thank you very much. I think we can all see how that ended. So maybe there's about to be an evolutionary shift. Maybe a manufacturer with fingers in the smart phone pie is ironically better placed to make cameras. Are we just seeing another evolutionary shift, to electronics firms making our cameras? I'm sure there's a lesson in capitalism somewhere here...

And how about another evolutionary shift? Canon make their own aps-c cameras, everyone else bought in, is 1 inch just going to be the next standard sensor, across the board, next to M4/3 and aps-c?
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebrandonchambers/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow