Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,772Gear list
Like?
Nex-6 firmware update and Sigma lenses
4 months ago

I updated the Nex-6 firmware to 1.03, and how I have PDAF with my Sigma 30mm lens.  Nice!  It's not the fastest-focusing lens, even now, but hey, everything helps.  The camera is really responsive, and I feel like I can try shooting with the Sigma more often now.

Even after the update, the 16-50 is noticeably faster focusing.  I just tested both under the same conditions.  I have to say, after all of the complaining about the 16-50, there are a lot of things to like about the lens.  Focuses fast, good zoom coverage, wide-angle is nice, OSS, and pretty sharp at least in the center and overall good in the middle focal lengths.

The Sigma 30 is just brutally sharp, though, and it comes down to a trade off of raw IQ vs. convenience.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow