75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,824Gear list
Like?
Re: 75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two
In reply to Skeeterbytes, 9 months ago

Skeeterbytes wrote:

Am just becoming familar with the 75 and discovering it's a very special lens. Not entirely sure why, as the focal length is not one I use often in zooms, but that length combined with the very fast aperture and the sharp, contrasty optics are really appealing. Despite the photos on line it's actually rather small, which I also appreciate.

I bought a Voigtländer 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar instead of the Oly 75mm, but I've come to really appreciate and love shooting at 75mm. Yes, it's long, but there's just something about it. Among street and architectural detail shooting, I often use it to get shots of audience members at concerts. (I was going to say… I shoot audience members… but that just sounded so WRONG. )

I would definitely go for the 75mm over the 35-100mm. Although… both would be even nicer.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow