Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
locke42
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
X-T1 watercolor effect?
8 months ago

I'm shopping for a new camera, and I'm on the fence between the X-T1 and the Sony A7.

One of the few niggling issues still keeping me from buying into the Fuji system is how the X-Trans sensor performs with landscapes, particularly landscapes with a lot of fine details and greenery. The next camera I get is one that I'd like to take hiking/backpacking to places like Yosemite and Sequoia National Park. But I've heard that the X-T1 still suffers from a bit of a "watercolor effect" when it comes to fine details like grass, and I've also heard that (subjectively) the Fuji's greens aren't that great (haven't seen enough landscapes from the X-T1 to judge this for myself).

Is the watercolor effect an issue with OOC JPEGs, or solely with externally processed RAWs?

locke42's gear list:locke42's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow