Sharing travel photography original full size files with travel companions, yes or no?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Franka T.L.
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,454Gear list
Like?
Re: Sharing travel photography original full size files with travel companions, yes or no?
In reply to kayone, 4 months ago

Well I still believe in good virtues so I will take it as some form of flattery towards your photographic skill and thus the result. Those who ask for it are more likely wanting to have a good memory for that scenery which you take , and for which they do not have the skill nor having the mean to capture. So they look to you the one in the group that are capable and indeed did the capture.

I travel a lot and I do sometime encounter similar request. Ok its just me, but I shoot RAW, so the original is out of the question since its RAW. What I will do instead is develop the image and made a rather nice full resolution ( or downsized a bit if needed, mostly for killing the noise ) and hand that JPEG to them and telling them if they want to print them for their own enjoyment or hang it on their wall at home they were more than welcomed. But I would likely put a very tiny text inscription on the very corner indicating my copyright ( and usually also the place and date its captured ) as a matter of fact record.  So far none of my pals complain about it. In fact many praise that cause it let them recall the journey and the place they visit better yet still. Of course I always tell them not to share the photo to others whether its social media or what. Its after all my shoot and my photo that I take, not theris.

-- hide signature --

- Franka -

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow