Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Contributing MemberPosts: 934Gear list
Like?
Let the 1" Sensor ILC war begins...
5 months ago

With Samsung introducing the NX Mini, I hope NX Mini will become popular and consumer will take it into liking for its price and hopefully quality. This will make Nikon and Sony think twice about their future pricing strategy. I also hope that Samsung will come out with MILC road map regarding this NX Mini to include a "Pro-sumer" version to compete with the Nikon 1 V3. One advantage Samsung will have is that they can flood the market with these inexpensive cameras, as they do the cell/smartphone, by a much lower prices than it's competitors and hopefully will drive the prices down.

I waited to upgrade my V1 to the V3 but the price kept me out. I just wanted the body since I already have some lenses but yet no body only option here in the U.S. Even if Nikon will sell the body only, I bet it will still be in the $850.00 - $950.00 range.

Competition is always great for all consumers. It's always great to have choices, good or bad. I'm not a Samsung fan but if they can stir the 1" sensor market and have the other competitor to take notice so be it. This NX Mini with the introductory price is very appealing. I just hope hope the quality, IQ, etc will be good enough to compete with the J Series.

Anyone can bash me all they want but this is good for the market. Imagine if Sony will come out wit a 1" sensor MILC? That will be even better. More choices the better. Then prices will not not be as high.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Samsung NX mini
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow