56/1.2 ... was only a matter of time ...

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,296Gear list
Like?
56/1.2 ... was only a matter of time ...
8 months ago

... until I would get one, the 60/2.4 now is in peril.

Can't wait to do a model shoot within the next few days, for now our dog my model of choice, noted that I better double check the nose-length re what is in focus - and what's not.

Not really into dog photography but understand where people are coming from when you don't want to embarrass yourself - and the model - too much when you have a new lens.

Early verdict? A nice big sister to my 23/1.4 same ilk - which is a good thing! Find that the focus is quite fast, but maybe a tad deceiving because of the longer focal length.

Still it amazes me as to how different it feels, can't be replicated by reading as many reviews as you like! The weight with the X-E2 a fantastically well balanced unit!

ISO400, F1.2 1/150s

ISO400, F2.0 1/105s

Thanks, Mr Dodkin (amongst others...) for speeding things up (yeah, right...) ...

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow