Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,239Gear list
Like?
In light of recent legal actions against Nikon
9 months ago

Given the mess that Nikon is in after more than a year of being bashed in the forums, class action law suits and now the Chinese Government forcing them to replace faulty D600 DSLR's, I think it's a good time to start talking to Canon about G11 & G12 cameras that were ruined because of self scratching front lens elements.  My G12 has been resting in the back of the cabinet for over a year ever since two gouges started producing noticeable marks on the images.

Canon has always been my choice when it comes to compacts.  It would be my choice for DSLR as well if I hadn't invested in Nikon accessories long ago.

Good will from Canon right now would be a real deep-six to their struggling competitor.

I don't expect a refund or even free repairs, but I do expect either a significant discount or else somecredit towards Canon equipment.  (G1X mkII)? 

If enough owners each present their own case to Canon they might take the hint from the writing on Nikon's wall.

-- hide signature --

Ivan

Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot G12 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow