Extremely low light photography. Your help please...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TangoMan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,271Gear list
Like?
Extremely low light photography. Your help please...
9 months ago

Has anyone here shot very very low light events with fuji gear and would care to give some tips? We are talking about light levels where you can barely see the people in front of you with your naked eyes.

Lighting is remote controled flashes, no problem there.

Focussing for close shots is no problem either, the remote illuminator is very good for short distances.

But how do you focus teleshots (100-200mm) if they dont register on the screen? The AF lenses available now are too slow (3.5-4.8)! I would use a fast manual focus tele, but even then, I need to half press the shutter to see an image appear. However, when I do, I lose the manual focus magnification. So I am left with either the possibility of a poorly focused visible image (half press of the shutter), or a totaly black fine focusable image (manual focus magnification engaged).

Anyone has a trick to teach me? Camera intended is an X-A1

I used to shoot that stuff with a canon 135/2 (and shoot and pray at 2.8 hoping that a few would not be too front or back-focused)

I wish there was a XF 100 1.4 for me to buy...

Hoping someone can shed a light here

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow