Struggling with purchase options. X Vario or used M9

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
magneto shot
Senior MemberPosts: 1,312Gear list
Like?
Re: Struggling with purchase options. X Vario or used M9
In reply to kansasphotog, 9 months ago

Here is a list

A) If you ever need shallow dof, forget the xvario, unless its macro.

B) If you can't stand manual focusing, or ur job requires very fast decision, i am afraid none of these camera would be ideal. Perhaps an oly EP5 or OMD.

C) you have shaky hands. Forget the Xvario, u need good light to have sharp photos. This is true for all other cameras but others have image stabilization that is much better. Its a bit better on the M9 if you dont mind sticking ur eye to the viewfinder all the time cause that provides some stability, btw, using the VF on M9 is actually more intrusive than the Xvario for street shoot on nearby people. my 2c.

D) What you see on the rangefinder is not exactly what u will get. Bear this in mind. for eg, try shooting a guy with a perfect structure behind u notice after shooting the guy is like a bit off from where u thought he should be. So for jobs, i am not sure if this is what u can accept.

If you must buy leica and u don't care about shallow DOF, Xvario is your best choice. M9 is a rangefinder that on used market, might need calibration, manual focusing is not for everyone and it does makes a loud shutter sound if you want to go stealthy .

-- hide signature --

www.marcuslowphotos.com

magneto shot's gear list:magneto shot's gear list
Leica X Vario Sigma SD15 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Nikon D4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow