A Owens
Senior MemberPosts: 2,196
Like?
Re: D4 vs D800E for action sports work [continued]
In reply to SIGINT17, 7 months ago

SIGINT17 wrote:

Some readers wanted examples. See:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/120749256@N08/with/13233142844/

The lion taken today with D800E. The first tiger taken with D4 about a year ago, and the last tiger taken in India in 1996 with Nikon D8008S {i think]. The first 5 rodeo images were taken with a D4 and all but one [see captions] were taken in the 10 frames per second mode. The second five rodeo pix were taken last weekend with a D800E. Now based on what I see in these images, I have decided for myself. I love the D800E but from now on I'm leaving it home for action shots at the rodeo where the D4 is king!!

Certainly for Rodeo that makes a lot of sense. However for small birds etc. I have not found the D4 (or 1dx for that matter) to have sufficient pixel density unless one is able to get very close (and I seldom can). For these I feel the D800e is actually the better compromise for my needs . The Goldfinch image in your link above I feel shows this point rather well whereas the rodeo ones have superb quality.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow