ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marcoventuriniautieri
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
X-T1: trying to understand a thing or two about flash photography
4 months ago

Hello!

I am trying to learn as much as I can on this camera because it is very tempting for me and I am considering the purchase. However, as much as it is discussed on the internet, there are a few obscure points (for me).

I would like to understand better how it works with flash.

I have searched the user's manual:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/pdf/index/x/fujifilm_xt1_manual_en.pdf

but there is one page only (page 36) about flash photography, and it does not say at all what I would like to know.

Well, I am used to (a few) Nikon and Canon reflex cameras and I know that they have separate exposure compensation settings for metering and flash photography. I would like to understand if there is something like this on the X-T1. In other words, while using automatic exposure, can I tell the camera how to mix ambient and flash light? Can I choose for instance to use just a little bit of fill-in for the shadows? Or, can I choose to have most of the light coming from the flash?

I cannot see any of these options in the user's manual!

Also, if you have any experience of flash photography with the X-T1 (or any other X Fuji camera), I would like to hear about it.

Thanks

Marco

Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow