Flat view
Mellowmark
Contributing MemberPosts: 503Gear list
Like?
Interesting free lightroom plug-in to show lens, camera, focal length usage etc
6 months ago

Came across this interesting free Lightroom plug-in:

http://lightroomanalytics.com/download/

I analysed my photos from the past 6 months or so and it shows that I use my cameras as follows:

Sony A37: 21% of photos

Panasonic G3 (m43 camera): 31% of photos

Sony A57: 48% of photos

My most used focal length (full frame equivalent field of view given here due to data from 2 different formats: APS-C and m43) is 400mm, followed by 300mm and then 35mm.

I use Aperture priority 80% of the time, Shutter 3% and Manual 17% + 1% other.

Most used aperture: F8

Most used ISO 100 then 200 then 800. I used ISO 3200 for around 10% of shots.

My most used lens is the Tamron 70-300 DP USD (39% of photos) followed by the OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R (8%) Minolta 100-300mm F4.5-5.6 (7%) and 85mm F2.8 SAM (7%). However a couple at 13% and 11% are NA or not recognised - one I know is the Tamron 17-50 - but I am not sure what the other one is!!

It also gives data by lens - eg, my beercan (Minolta 70-210 f4) was used at 200mm + over 80% of the time - which explains one of the reasons why I got the Tamron 70-300 (more reach) and why I wanted a 200mm f2.8 lens when I had the beercan.

Overall it gives a good breakdown of how much (or little) you use your gear and in what way - for example I was surprised that I use my Panasonic 20mm m43 lens way more often at f5.6 and f8 than I do wide open at f1.7. I also use my 35mm Sony F1.8 a lot less than I though but when I do it's mostly at f2.

Also a good way to decide what to sell if you have too much gear?

Would be interesting to see data from other people?

Mellowmark's gear list:Mellowmark's gear list
Sony RX100
Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow