Hard to believe - but 28mm f2.8 and 28mm f3.5 Nikon primes beaten by A7 kit lens

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,561Gear list
Like?
Re: Hard to believe - but 28mm f2.8 and 28mm f3.5 Nikon primes beaten by A7 kit lens
In reply to osv, 5 months ago

osv wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

Dan, you're probably right. But I'm trying to nail down a travel kit, and each lens in it has to have a "reason." I explored the 28mm as a "closeup lens" - but it lost to the kit.

And so, as of now, for my May trip to Northern Israel, up as far as the Syrian and Lebanese borders, is

wow! nice travel kit!! you got it covered, looking forward to seeing some travel pics.

stay safe over there.

-- hide signature --

dan

Our family's military hero, now Major Yotvat Bar-El, active reserves, Israeli Defense Forces - here, seven years ago, after being activated for the Jenin uprising. I will be traveling to visit her and twins due about 2 weeks before I arrive for a big family wedding near the Golan Heights.

Yotvat lives in BeerSheva, in rocket range of Gaza - shortly after my girlfriend Sandy and visited her 2 years ago, a Hamas rocket from Gaza landed on the block where she lives.

They don't sweat what would drive us crazy.

Where I'm going - to Merom Golan along the Syrian border.

Former Syrian army headquarters atop the Golan Heights, seized in the 1967 Six-Day War - my cousins live in Kibbutz Merom Golan nearby. It was hit by tank fire, and its occupants fled across the border.

IDF officers visiting old (1967) Syrian positions atop Merom Golan. Before capture in 1967, artillery here would shell Israeli farms in the valley below. During the 1973 Yom Kippur war, it was the scene of murderous tank battles, but the defenses held. In all , Israel lost almost 1000 soldiers defending and counterattacking from the Golan in 1973. Today, Israel sends ambulances up and down the Syrian-Israel border there, picking up wounded, sick and pregnant Syrians and taking them to nearby hospitals for care. It is a mess.

The same 17mm lens I used on my D70 back in 2008 will now be the wide angle for my A7 when I return in May!

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow