Like?
Re: Do I need to go dual system?
In reply to Dan_168, 5 months ago

Dan_168 wrote:

KatManDEW wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Buy a 10th lens. I am serious.

Another TS-E, and a a7R to go with it?

That would be a great combo, seriously, I am a dual system Canon 1DS3 1DS2 and Nikon D800E users and actually planning to add the A7R so I can use my TSE 17 on a 36 MP high DR sensor, sounds like a great combo for landscape. as much as l like the D800E but it kind of sucks to let the TSE 17 and TSE 24 sit in the closet, so A7R is a really attractive alternative, but I actually hate the small form factor of the a7R and wish I can have that sensor in the 1DS body.

Everyone has different priority. To me small/light body (and lenses) is #1 reason to get A7R (the same as I got EOS-M package earlier). In the evening in my trip, just left 5D3 in hotel. Carried A7R on my shoulder without a bag. FE 35 or FE 55 (that going to acquire) on A7R is so small/light and so easy to carry with, together with a 2.2 lb traveling tripod. For WA I could stitch photos. FE 35 is already pretty sharp lens (at f/5.6 it's sharper) and FE 55 is further noticeably sharper with whopping 29 mpix in DXO test that can rival $4K Zeiss Otus 55/1.4 that is a MF lens on D800E (and we know its LV is not very good).

FE 35 on A7R. Salzburg, Austria

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
P.S.New
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow