Started 8 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jack Preston
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Excellent lens
8 months ago

Purchased this lens for wildlife photography in a dusty location. It did not disappoint. Used it with my 5D MIII and a canon 1.4X v2 tele extender. Focus was fast and accurate. Zoom was smooth and most helpful when we were able to get close to large animals.

Got some great shots. (If interested check my recent web page folders for Kenya and Tanzania. Web site is at kc3m.zenfolio.com)

The lens is heavy, but it was easy to use in a safari vehicle as its balance point with my camera was at the center of the tripod attachment lug. OS seems to work well,  as all images on these trips were made without a tripod.

I used F/8 in during daylight and wide open in low light. The 5D MIII focus tracking worked well on moving wildlife.

I plan to use it for a trip to the arctic on marine mammals and will be using a think-tank shield to protect the lens and my camera from water damage. SIGMA cautions that the Sport lens although gasketed is susceptible to water damage.

You get a lot of bang for the buck with this lens. I'm pleased.

Contact me if you want more detail.

Jack Preston's gear list:Jack Preston's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +11 more
Jack Preston's score
Average community score
Canon EOS 5D Nikon 1 V2 Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow