Ironwork

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
DtEW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,792Gear list
Like?
Re: Ironwork
In reply to dotjon, 7 months ago

I think the desired intent of the photo needs to be considered as well. The model has her face bladed to the shot and partially-obscured by the shadow of her hair. This might be completely intentional. She (or the photographer) might not like a feature and therefore posed and lit her in such a way to minimize it.

I don't like the aesthetics of the shot (IMHO it is boring and cliche, not that I haven't done my own share of boring-and-cliche shots) and would not post it as something to show off for my own work... but it says nothing about the technical expertise of the photographer without him telling us more about it. It may be what he was asked for with many variables that are beyond his control, like the dress. It may have met the client's needs perfectly, if not a piece of artwork that stands by itself for general appreciation.

If we are to go by the title, then he could have used more DoF to encompass all of the ironwork. And he could have gotten all the obstructions out of the way before he decided to shoot.

DtEW's gear list:DtEW's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow