Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
requa
Regular MemberPosts: 192Gear list
Like?
Re: Interesting..
In reply to telefunk, 5 months ago

telefunk wrote:

grey-ghost wrote:

(Coming from a Panasonic GH3 as my other system, I am very comfortable with using touch screen controls.)

A mountain climber friend of mine told me touch screen is a complete no-no in the cold and gloves and what not when you're on top of the Mont Blanc. Do you have any experience with this?

This is a valid question, but as another has pointed out, there are special gloves, etc., that might help those of us in northern climes (in this hemisphere). Yes, moving any controls to a touch screen will result in limitations in handling in cold conditions. I would consider these conditions to be akin to underwater photography. Anticipate the settings you'll need and set them at base camp or in tent or car or whatever. If you need greater flexibility and control while on the peak (e.g., if you're shooting for National Geographic), you already know you need advanced gear with manual controls and weather-sealing, and no P&S is likely to give you what you need.

requa's gear list:requa's gear list
G1 X II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow