Travelling with just an iPhone camera?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ecm
ecm
Senior MemberPosts: 1,419Gear list
Like?
Re: Travelling with just an iPhone camera?
In reply to Jkim7, 6 months ago

I would miss the zoom lens, the flash and the flexibility. Shooting with my phone is like using my first camera 40 years ago - single focal length, single aperture - almost a disposable camera; "point-n-pray" that you get what you want.....

When I want to travel ultralight, I take my little Panasonic ZS15, a good quality compact travel zoom that cost about $200. It takes great video and high quality photos up to about ISO 800; it has a 24-384mm equivalent lens that's quite sharp, and it fits in my pocket when I need it to. Photo quality is far better than any phone I've had including the iphone 5. With it I can take any shot I can with my full dSLR except for bounce flash.

Why would I give that up?

-- hide signature --

Quaecumque vera doce me quot homines tot sententiae autem.

When I want to travel ultralight, I take my little Panasonic ZS15, a good quality compact travel zoom that cost about $200. It takes great video and high quality photos up to about ISO 800; it has a 24-384mm equivalent lens that's quite sharp, and it fits in my pocket when I need it to. Photo quality is far better than any phone I've had including the iphone 5. With it I can take any shot I can with my full dSLR except for bounce flash.

--
Quaecumque vera doce me quot homines tot sententiae autem.

ecm's gear list:ecm's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Canon EOS 600D Pentax Q Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow