Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danielsonkin
Forum ProPosts: 11,375Gear list
Like?
An awesome birthday weekend! LX7 & ZS25
8 months ago

Monday was my birthday, and so I took the day off from work for the first time. My wife takes her birthday off every year; so this year she pushed and I relented; and I am glad I did. My wife, my daughter and I (and the dog) went into the city on Sunday to listen to this swing dance band place at Delores Park. It has been decades since I have been there and wow, what a treat. First the weather was amazing, the music was terrific (Mindy and I even danced to one song) and the people there were even more incredible. It was a testament to San Francisco diversity and youth. Mindy and I felt pretty old there, but that didn't stop us from having a blast and breathing in the sweet, herbal air that was all over the place. Then we went to this cool rum bar, Smuggler's Cove (http://smugglerscovesf.com/trapdoor/) and then we spent the night at the Kabuki Hotel. Monday we had breakfast at our favorite restaurant (Rose's Cafe), which was featured in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire; a walk at Crissy Field to see the Mark Di Suvero sculptures and then dinner at the Farm Shop in Marin. It was a terrific birthday celebration and the photography was primo in SF. I took the LX7 and ZS25 with me and really enjoyed the opportunity to put them both through their paces. I haven't processed everything, but here's a taste of the weekend. I hope you enjoy.

Daniel

Iris from the back yard - LX7

The band and an amazing dance couple (not us) - LX7

It's bubble time! (ZS25)

Delores Park - Overview (LX7)

100 bottles of rum on the wall, 100 bottles of rum... (ZS25)

Last vestige of moon at sunrise taken from the hotel room (ZS25)

Early morning dog walk to St. Mary's Cathedral in SF (ZS25)

Breakfast at Rose's Cafe (iPhone 5)

Mark Di Suvero sculpture at Crissy Field (LX7)

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy year!

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Apple iPhone 6 +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 (Lumix DMC-TZ35)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow