ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iso light
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony FE 28-70mm vs Zeiss FE 24-70mm Comparison
7 months ago

Hello!

You have the Sony A7/A7r and wonder if you should get the kit lens or the Zeiss zoom? What improvements would the Zeiss bring over the kit lens? Is that really worth 1200$?

Well, you tell me! Here are some comparison pictures, all shot with a tripod and the OSS turned off. The same position, focal length and other settings were selected on each lens and I tried to change the lenses as fast as possible between the shots.

There are 5 pairs labelled A & B, in no particular order. I’m interested to see which picture you prefer? They all have been edited in LightRoom with exactly the same settings for each pair (note that no lens correction was applied as LR5.3 has no profile for the Zeiss yet). There are no right or wrong answers, you can either try to guess the manufacturer or simply state which picture you prefer over the other (or no particular preference).

The full res pictures (6000 x 4000 px) are located here.

Here are the five pairs:

Thanks for participating!

iso.light

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow