I see a number of Craigslist ad for A7r at $1600-1800 brand new, were there some major deals?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
cruzcat01
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Re: I see a number of Craigslist ad for A7r at $1600-1800 brand new, were there some major deals?
In reply to EugeneC, 4 months ago

I posted this over at the Alpha Mount Forum yesterday. Essentially, Sony has a special trade up promo with B&H that expires today. The promo takes $460 off any A7/A7R body and bundle and you can double dip with the $650 off bundle promo as well.

You can get the A7 + Kit lens + HVLFM60 flash for $1636. The FM60 has a street price of at least $450 which means that you are getting the A7 body and kit for ~$1200.

THe A7R body only is $1836.

More details about the promo here. http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53336635

EugeneC wrote:

rrccad wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

rrccad wrote:

this was mentioned on SAR that Sony USA employees were allowed to purchase 2 or more bodies at 50% off retail. one Sony employee was able to put twenty in his cart at 50% off.

So it may not be "fallen off the back of a truck .. wink .. wink", but a bunch of smart Sony employees realizing they can make up for some loss wages quickly.

Also .. keep in mind the current USA promotions you can get a A7R down to 1600 or so anyways without much of a fuss by tradiing in a broken down $1 camera from a thrift shop for a $300 discount.

Both Adorama, BH and focus will trade in any film, digital,etc camera even with a fork stuck in it for a $300 discount. if you actually have a useful camera to trade - you get even more as you also get the respective company's trade in value once they receive the camera.

"this was mentioned on SAR that Sony USA employees were allowed to purchase 2 or more bodies at 50% off retail. one Sony employee was able to put twenty in his cart at 50% off."

Too bad you don't live in Brooklyn, I could get you more than 50% off on a bridge...

grins. I'm more interested in swampland

this was a discussion on SAR regarding the price dumping. but yeah, i'm always a little suspect about TGTBT pricing.

however I got my first digital SLR that way, a Canon 20D many moons ago .. and used it for 6+ years.

As long as you play it safe and use your head and not your GAS emotions.

I have a A7 in my BH cart that will cost me $1087 shipping. I'm tempted.

And how did you do that? Trade and if so may I ask what? Thanks....

cruzcat01's gear list:cruzcat01's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow