Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Anyone using the 18 140, and happy?
8 months ago

Well I have been searching all I can find and read about the new V3, and available V2 and kits? well ! I think I've talked myself out of trying to get one. The V3 price just turned me off, and V2 kits not a great deal better.

The next set up I'm looking at as a lightweight "kit" would involve my D200, and a 18 140, this would be a, one camera and one lens and a "walkabout" kit, I know the D200 is no "lightweight" but its paid for and the 18 140 is about $600.00 US, and has a good focal range for a walkabout. I'm also thinking about the new Sigma 18 200 "C" lens.

My current D200 walkabout kit is the recent 28 1.8 G lens[FOV 42] and its just fine, but a zoom might be a better way to go, and put the 28 back in my D700 bag.

I don't plan to upgrade either my D200 or D700 to a larger MPX camera I'm totally satisfied with the results I get with those two cameras. One review said something to the effect on a 24 MPX might not be the sharpest lens, but I figure on a 10MPX should fill the bill as a walkabout "kit"

So does anyone have experience with this new lens on a older Nikon body? and do you feel its worth the money?

Looked at the lens today at Best Buy, but it in a "cage" and all the sales people seemed to be socializing! so I left.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on my thoughts.

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 +12 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D200 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow