Wide Angle Shooting on a Budget, what's my best option?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nsbohn
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Wide Angle Shooting on a Budget, what's my best option?
4 months ago

Initially, I wanted to ask "What point and shoot has the lowest focal length equivalent?" thinking that would get me the camera I want.

I currently shoot with a Canon Rebel t3i, mainly because I'm comfortable with it, its versatile, and its not very expensive.  Not interested in debating over the t3i's capabilities.

I do not want to spend more than a few hundred dollars on either a new lens, or another camera (leaning more towards this, as having a backup would be nice).

I do real estate photography, and other commercial photography and I've been having trouble taking wide enough angle images.  The 18mm on my t3i with a crop sensor takes me to about 28mm (math good there?).

In terms of getting a new lens for my t3i, then I have to change lenses out and im probably not willing to spend $300-$1500 on an 8mm.

I would love to upgrade to the 6d with a full-frame sensor, but I can't afford it yet.

I've considered the Sony DSC-RX100, and the Canon G1-X.  The Sony goes for about 400 bucks and has good reviews for what I want to do with it.  The G1 does RAW which is nice, but I don't REALLY need that for this camera.  I also thought about the Canon S100 which has a 24mm focal length equiv.

Will I notice a difference?  How can I get a lower focal length without spending more money?

What do you think is my best option?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 6D Canon PowerShot S100 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow