Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,670Gear list
Like?
E-M1 bracketing: limiting shots
8 months ago

Suspect this is a simple question — and I suspect the answer is no. But I ask in the hope that I'm missing something.

Is it possible to configure the E-M1 so that I can

• ask it to take 3 bracketed shots
  • take the 3 shots with a single press of the shutter (using fast sequential shooting) and
  • have the camera STOP shooting after the 3 shots are taken?

Right now it seems to me that, if I'm bracketing, the camera expects me either (a) to press the shutter three times or (b) to turn on sequential shooting and react quickly enough to release the shutter after 3 shots. Option (a) of course works best if camera is on tripod and option (b) requires quicker reflexes than I seem to have.

I seem to recall that at least one of my old Sony SLT cameras allowed me to set up bracketing so I could basically shoot in 3 shot bursts. But I may be misremember, or may be confusing bracketing (which I don't use often) with in-camera HDR (which I also don't use often).

Just trying to finishing slogging through the 12,087 options this camera provides....

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow