Will the V3 produce better IQ than the V1/V2??

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Microshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,084Gear list
Like?
Will the V3 produce better IQ than the V1/V2??
9 months ago

I saw this question posted on another forum and wanted to see what everyone here thinks.

The poster said that they were considering getting the V3 and they were looking for what benefits the V3 might bring to the image IQ that would make the V3 IQ better than their V1/2 image IQ.

Not whether the EVF, buttons, pop-up flash, dials, grip and price were ok, but whether the V3 sensor, Expeed4a, and other technical attributes of the V3 would produce lower noise, higher DR, better shadow recovery etc.,(my words), as well as making it easier to get more high quality images from the V3 (higher FPS, more AF points etc.).

So I pose the same question to all of you here, since getting feedback seems to come easily on DPR

What do the techies here think about the V3's Aptina sensor, high number of focus points, faster FPS and everything else that we really won't know for sure until the V3 is in the hands of professional reviewers and testers.

Thanks in advance!

Microshooter's gear list:Microshooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +15 more
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow