Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter63
Regular MemberPosts: 310Gear list
Like?
**** Mini Challenge # 398 "Pictures of You" Winners ****
5 months ago

Well, promising my 7 year old we would do this together has been interesting. To pick the winners, we started by making a list of all the photos that either of us chose as a potential HM or winner. Then each picked our 1, 2 and 3 choices. Next came negotiation. Judging by collaboration when the sole other member of the committee is 7 years old is a challenge. There were quite a few that were on top of the podium if only for a brief time. I finally allowed Sarah to pick all 3 top spots after she came up with choices I felt were deserving. If you didn't win, keep in mind that the judging was a bit arbitrary. If you did win, well... at least a 7 year old likes your work.

Just kidding, there were so many good entries, it would have been very hard to judge it on my own.

I am going to start with a new category of winner. I would not have chosen this one but I could not exclude it since it checked all of the boxes I asked for.

The Dishonorable Mention:

Striking in some way: well... yes

Doing something you love: Uh... maybe

Not a glamour shot: Yes

Embarrassing: Definitely

Gives a sense of personality: Umm... Time to move on...

Now the the Honorable Mentions. Order of listing has no significance, I think it is chronological.

This would probably have been the winner if I was choosing alone. The context of the series was important for me and added greatly to the photo. My title: If The Thinker had a camera". The love of outdoors, thoughtful pose, and passion for photography all come through and really resonated with me.

Another one that just draws me in. I am remembering what a great day this was out with a good friend.

My daughter's initial 1st place choice. Testament to the build of the 5Diii.

Late getting back to the ship? Jump.

Best butt shot ever. Makes me want to clip a backup runner though.

I wish my lens was that big. I love the framing and WA.

Cute dog, great photo. Nothing better than sharing the outdoors with a good friend.

Essence of happy

I couldn't skip this one. Architecture background, how many cameras? The only thing that might have added to it would be if the camera was half raised and we could see a facial expression searching for a shot.

Another awesome shot. A bit of silly and a bit of sublime.

Whew, so many good ones it was hard not to add more. Now on to the winners.

Third place:

You both have a bit of a grim look, how many times were those glasses drained?

Second place:

Personality, family, fun, setting. This was a podium choice for both of us.

And First place:

How is he floating so high Daddy? Personality, unusual photo, nice setting, great job.

Congratulations Oilman, the next one is yours.

Thanks to everyone that contributed. I feel a little more connected and will view all of your work with added perspective.

Peter and Sarah

Peter63's gear list:Peter63's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +13 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow