Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
photohounds
Regular MemberPosts: 436Gear list
Like?
Re: 75 f/1.8 or 35-100 f/2.8 torn between the two
In reply to Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson, 4 months ago

Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson wrote:

Thank you guys.

I used to have a Canon 5D/60D and the 135 f/2 and no stabiliser, so I think GX7 with the 2 way ois is ok...

the concert images are nice - and make you realise that indoors in low light f/1.8 is more practical than f/2.8 so it cuts two ways...

so, decisions, decisions ....

What is interesting is that the 75 f/1.8 gets lots of love... you guys really think it's worth it and the 150mm equivalent focal length not too limiting?

Interesting choice. I have both the 40-140 and the 75 and that's a good setup up to 100mm as someone else suggested above.
I have used the 75 (and 45) and use them for music, theatre, of the type you envisage.
You can see   here,   here  and  here the kinds of result to expect.
Another shooter uses the Panny 35-100 and while quite good, it is easily outshone by the 75/45 pair, .. easily - except for FL change speed - until I got a second body, now it's all one way.  The zuiko ourt resolves the 35-100 convincingly.  
All you have to do is decide zoom or best quality with an ectra stop and a third.
The way I use it, I must really appreciate the fast speed

The 75 makes this kind of thing quite easy ..

I could only see a silhouette with the naked eye. EM-5 + 75mm and you can even se the glint in her eye through the smoke in this!

75mm @ f2

More pics at the links above or more galleries there .... 
With the combo, I couldn't be happier!
The pics the pair is able to rescue, cutting through smoke etc., is most appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Well designed gear performs better for longer than well marketed gear.
Pics:
http://photohounds.smugmug.com/
Oly and other .. Gear test samples:
http://photohounds.smugmug.com/Gear-tests

photohounds's gear list:photohounds's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow