Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
dotjon
Regular MemberPosts: 145Gear list
Like?
Re: Ironwork
In reply to bigdaddave, 6 months ago

bigdaddave wrote:

dotjon wrote:

Beautiful ironwork, but the dress is a total disaster and while completely ruining the shot with it's horrific colours, it also diverts attention from the less than perfect lighting, posing and background selection.

Had a look at your website. You are in no position to criticize. Very very average

How are my photos any way relevant to the topic here? What I shoot doesn't have any effect on the lighting, background, pose, or that dreaded dress of the image in OP- which I'm criticizing here. Instead of making general remarks of someone's output. Not his portfolio or his photographic skill, just this photo.

And it has flat lighting (subject and background too equal in luminance) making it feel like shot under normal room lights, her pose seems unnatural and mildly uncomfortable, and the way her hair flows on her right side disrupts her beautiful profile, and the windows on the background just make the photo confusing and introduce even more clashing colours.

So Dave, do you disagree with my remarks, or do you just think that all feedback needs to be positive and reacted emotionally?

Furthermore what exactly makes you the judge then by your own irrational criterias- do you even take photos?

dotjon's gear list:dotjon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow