Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NewGirlLiz
Regular MemberPosts: 294
Like?
EM-1 fault with AF points
5 months ago

I've had my EM-1 for just under four months and most of the time have found it faultless. Sometimes, though, my shots seem strangely out of focus, but as I am very much a beginner to this, I have assumed I've done something wrong. However, this morning I decided to do a rigorous test to see what's going on, and have discovered that there is a whole row of focus points that completely fail to focus. I changed lenses and did the test again and have confirmed that it is definitely the EM-1 and it is definitely the whole row. Here's an example to prove what I'm talking about. Both pics are cropped to the focus point which was on the same point with every shot. I'm pretty sure that everything about the set up was the same apart from the focus point. It wasn't just these two shots. It was every photo along the same horizontal line of af points that did the same as the second shot. A tripod was used with all of them.

My question is - has this happened to anyone else? And what did you do? At four months, I can't help thinking this is very new and I would really like to have the camera replaced rather than a repair, but I suspect that won't happen.

My other question is - I am right, aren't I? Everything else is equal in these shots, and this has to be a fault with the camera, doesn't it? Thanks for looking.

Liz

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow