Forum ProPosts: 11,887Gear list
Like?
Re: Tablets...
In reply to Mark B., 8 months ago

Mark B. wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

EinsteinsGhost wrote:

Tablets are great for on-the-go 'consumable' data, but I find them to be most annoying when used as cameras. They block the view of anyone unfortunate enough to be standing behind the user.

Mark

That can be a problem with someone a massive camera/lens as well and in fact likely worse in many situations.

I don't think so. I'd sooner have someone with a 70-200 f/2.8 in front of me. The tablet held out at arm's length will block a large rectangular area in front of the user, whereas the camera & lens will only block a narrow cylindrical area of view directly in front of the photographer's head.

An obstruction in any shape or form is an obstruction. Being biased against something won't change that.

I'm biased against tablets used as cameras, particularly public venues, because they create a very large obstruction for those behind the user. I have no bias against tablets in particular; I have one myself. If you can't see that a tablet held out at arm's length doesn't create a blockage for those behind the user, then it's just as fair to say you have a bias in favor of tablets.

Mark

I think photography forums tend to go overboard with rants against cell phone and tablets being used for photography. The argument of yours is merely a continuation of the same rhetoric.

And your conclusion, rather strange. I respect all forms of photography and tools, even if I have my own personal preferences. Obstruction is what I'm talking about... you seem to have favorites as well as hatred for something. For me, obstruction is an obstruction, and in this case, a person:

But, that was my choice. I was using my camera off my lap, so not to be a nuisance to others (and give a reason to the arena folks to ask me to not use my camera with a big white lens on it)... even though it wasn't a tablet I was using but a Sony NEX-3.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow