I see a number of Craigslist ad for A7r at $1600-1800 brand new, were there some major deals?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
RonFrank
Senior MemberPosts: 1,840Gear list
Like?
Re: I see a number of Craigslist ad for A7r at $1600-1800 brand new, were there some major deals?
In reply to Wang Hung, 9 months ago

Wang Hung wrote:

Are these in the LA/OC area? I have seen ads too. I suspect that maybe someone is backdooring them. I wouldn't touch it if it didn't have a legitimate receipt.

Yes its the la/oc area , I'm in anaheim ca so I'm so damn tempted

Craigslist is generally the last list a scammer will mess with as you can meet the seller face to face. Meet the seller, discuss the terms, look at the merchandise and make a decision. I can list the times I have used a warranty on one hand. You can also insure a camera purchase with a homeowners policy using a rider if homeowners will not cover the cost of expensive equipment. There also may be a warranty available if you shop around.

All these nervous nellies with there doom and gloom warnings are rather funny. Sure there are some scams out there so beware. But Craigslist is hardly a great spot for scams. If you are serious about a purchase check out the listing. I am actually surprised that the folks here are so skiddish about craigslist which has a rock solid reputation. Just do not use Craigslist for remote transactions.

RonFrank's gear list:RonFrank's gear list
Nikon D1X Nikon D200 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow