Travelling with just an iPhone camera?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,005Gear list
Like?
Re: Travelling with just an iPhone camera?
In reply to johnbandry, 6 months ago

johnbandry wrote:

You're getting a lot of responses from people who are looking at your choice from the viewpoint of their experience level. You've said elsewhere that you've never used a camera other than your phone. Given that, you're going to have a lot to learn to make good use of something like a Fujifilm XE2.

Anybody with half a brain can figure it out. I went from a smart phone 6 years ago straight to a Sony ILC. I owned a 3mp P&S like a decade ago and used it for maybe a week before i realized it was lame and lost interest until a few years later. It's not like these cameras are rocket science, and a mirrorless is even easier than a DSLR with the live view design.

You probably also have much to learn about photography and, despite the many dismissive comments about the quality of an iPhone camera, it really is streets ahead of the sort of consumer film SLR that I and many others first learnt the craft on.

But that's like saying you can learn to ride a motorcycle by riding a bike, because they both have two wheels. If you want to know how to fly a plane, practice with a plane. I think the issue isn't complication, i think the OP isn't interested in photography. If the person is more interested in social mingling, a smart phone will suit them fine.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow