A99 w/70-400mm G At The Magic Stump (BIF)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Curtindale
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,753Gear list
Like?
A99 w/70-400mm G At The Magic Stump (BIF)
7 months ago

My A99 w/70-400m G is my favorite combination for this type of photography.

Today I thought I would try shooting from my tripod and have the camera zoo and focus fixed for what I thought would be ideal and fire the shutter with a remote cable. This did not work as good for me as hand holding. Although, I'm glad I tried this method (a good learning experience).

When hand holding I am able to easily recompose and as a result get more keepers.

There were many other kinds of birds photographed today but not shown (i.e. including Sandhill Cranes and Turkeys). Twelve Sandhill Cranes landed within twenty feet of where I was sitting. One of the Sandhill Cranes stood about three feet from me and put his beak under his feathers and went to sleep for about an hour (he was making an odd noise like he was snoring).

I would also note that these birds are very aggressive when it comes to the seed I put on the stump. They challenge and chase each other away.

All images shot in RAW and post processed in PS CS6:

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700, R1, w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass
My Picasa Albums: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109849611643818398019/albums My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A99 +15 more
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow