ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheRelevantChris
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
GH2 Image quality?
9 months ago

Hello all,

I recently purchased a GH2 to shoot video. While I'm not expert on DSLR's, I have a general knowledge of them and I'm kind of perplexed about some of the videos I've been shooting. Here's a link to something I shot in my apartment, just testing out several different color profiles (all attributes where -2, no color correcting, standard 14 - 42 lens kit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YU0gdy0FWs

The problem is that the video looks...well, terrible. It's noisy and very blotchy (for lack of a better term). According to the in camera screen, most of the shots were properly exposed. This is not the first time I've seen bad results. I've shot some stuff outside which was a little cleaner but still blotchy in dark areas and overall kind of sharp (I did have the sharp attribute all the way, so I'm sure that's why.)

I'm guess I'm just curious how to get a cleaner, sharper image. I mean, if the camera shows the I'm exposing it properly, why is the output so bad? Even in HD, it looks like poor SD quality. Thanks for the help.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow