An obituary for my 12-50mm

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Ejvaccaro
Forum MemberPosts: 68Gear list
Like?
The 12-40mm is seductive...
In reply to drpoop, 9 months ago

I am going on 2 years with the E-M5.  I bought mine with the 12-50mm.  It was nice for a while but too slow for my tastes.  I then bought a nice used 14-54mm MK II.  This was my go to lens even with its somewhat slow focusing performance.  It was bright, was usable for most situations, and gave great sharp pictures.  I also purchased a used 14-150mm for when I only took one lens with me.

On Nov 29, 2013 the 12-40mm f2.8 showed up at my door.  It has been the #1 lens on the camera ever since and I am loving the quality of its photos, its lightning fast AF, and its build quality.  I still have a 40-150mm R that I use for telephoto but it is soon to be given its walking papers.

This past weekend I put the 14-54 along with the MMF-2, the 12-50, and the 14-150 up on ebay and in a quick three days got enough cash to pay for the 12-40.  I am now eyeing a Panasonic 35-100mm f2.8 and possibly the 100-300mm to round out the threesome.  This is the killer package for just about any photo situation I can think of for my needs.

So don't lament the old glass.  It isn't in the same class.

Ed

Ejvaccaro's gear list:Ejvaccaro's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow