Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jep10
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
Deals on A7
9 months ago

B&H is running a day only deal (apparently) on the A7 with an instant $460 discount. That brings the A7+kit lens down to $1538.

Also if you use Google wallet via B&H mobile Web site you can get another 6% off.

Very tempting, very tempting indeed.

I know a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush but I do wonder why these are being discounted so much. I know there is talk about more full-frame E-mounts that will be announced. The new firmware will be issued tomorrow.
I can see for a new camera system that is trying to build itself up - new lenses are crucial. Perhaps Sony is trying to build enough critical mass to justify more investment in FE lenses by itself and 3rd parties. Sony can also make more money off of lenses so it is to their benefit to get more people hooked on the new body.

Any other ideas?

I was thinking of waiting for the A6000 but this deal is tempting. I don't want to jump if A7 v2 comes out in 6 months.

jep10's gear list:jep10's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +6 more
Nikon 1 V2 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow