Shot with the A6000 (pre-prod) + Zeiss 16-70/4 @ Toronto Fashion Show (pics)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,493Gear list
Like?
Shot with the A6000 (pre-prod) + Zeiss 16-70/4 @ Toronto Fashion Show (pics)
7 months ago

Thanks to Patrick and his team at Sony Canada I was able to use one of their pre-production A6000 at the Toronto Fashion Show. They also lent me their Zeiss 16-70/4 as I did not bring any equipment with me just my SD card.

I thought I can just wing the settings with the A6000 but I was wrong. The menu system is completely different than my NEX-6. I had to rely on the Sony Canada people to set up the settings. For the runway show I had mine at manual and auto ISO and fixed aperture at f/4. The show was only 15 minutes and with merely 10-15 minutes to familiarize ourselves with our cameras (the three other participants shot with A7r) prior to it.

I shot the runway on multi focus mode which in hindsight was a mistake because I did have a few out of focus shots. With my NEX-6 I only shoot at flexible spot only.  Also, I think I should have started at least with 1/160 sec. shutter speed instead of 1/100 sec. to stop the action more. Shot with AF-C, multi focus mode and continuous shooting. RAW+jpeg, AWB.

At backstage I asked Patrick to switch me to flexible spot focus as I did not have enough time to study the menu system due to time constraints. I don't think I missed a single shot with this setting. The A6000 was so fast to lock focus into the subject.

Regarding high ISO IQ, it looks pretty good to me. Of course I can compare it with the NEX-6 once I get my own camera next month. However, just looking at the files, I am extremely impressed by the details and the overall IQ. Needless to say, I can't wait to do an actual shoot with my A6000.

Images to follow.

If you have any questions, please fire away. Just bear in mind though that THIS IS ONLY A PRE-PRODUCTION copy of the A6000.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow