Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,355Gear list
Like?
I cannot see any dilemma
In reply to Jkim7, 8 months ago

Jkim7 wrote:

Hey guys,

So I'm in a dilemma.

I'm trying to make up my decision on getting a good mirror less (Sony A6000 / Fujifilm X-E2) or just travel with my iPhone. I just think iPhones these days (iPhone 5S and soon iPhone 6) takes good enough pictures to look on a computer screen and I feel it's hard to justify spending $1000 for a good mirror less when there really isn't THAT much of a picture quality difference between an iPhone and one of them.

I cannot see any dilemma: obviously for you the mobile´s camera is good enough (at last currently), so why to worry to get support for your position? You are not alone in the world with such position, I can guarantee you.

There is nothing intrinsic wrong with that.

[...]

I just want some support haha. Do any of you travel with just an iPhone camera? I just feel like people bring these mirror less and DSLRs to travel and I'm wasting my trips abroad (going to Africa and India this year) by taking "measly" iPhone pictures.

I assume as photographers, many of you are also travelers.

Me? No! I do not think a mobile´s camera can replace my DSLR´s neither for IQ today (who knows the future?), neither (never) for the pleasure to handle them to create the images I want.

But in some rare times it can be handy - when you have no dedicated camera at your hands...

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6, actually a pano from 3 shots

All the best,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow