Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,380Gear list
Like?
Old Rig test with K01
5 months ago

Cleaning the closets... I found my old tele rig that I made some 30 years ago, so I thought I'd give it a try with the K01, not exactly the "birding tool of choice", for some handheld shots.  It's a dark grey day today, but the rig shows some good potential.  Though the K01 has no port for external trigger, the rig does have a switch (red) which given the proper end, could be used with a DSLR to trigger the camera from the gun grip. Now that I tried it, and found it to be working rather well, I may adapt it with a proper mounting plate.  With the K01, since I can't use the trigger, manual focus override isn't an option as I'd need 3 hands !... , so I have to rely on AF solely, which isn't the best.  I think with a K03 and the proper adapter to use the remote trigger port, it would work nicely, albeit, loosing the water resistance with the door left opened, which is rather dumb as design goes, I never understood that one !.... but I don't have a K03    so it's a mood point for now .... oh well...

And of course the resulting easy shots, handheld:

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +16 more
Pentax K-01
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow