Trouble for Nikon?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Graham Hill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
Re: Trouble for Nikon? No, very big trouble!!
In reply to Rich Rosen, 6 months ago

Rich Rosen wrote:

Its not only CNN and CCTV that is reporting this story. Reuters, Wall Street Journal, IndiaTimes are all reporting this story. Stock market prices for Nikon are to down 4.2% on Mondays opening in Tokyo. to a 5 week low. How relations between China and Japan have effected this situation is no longer mitigating factor. What photographers have been aware of since 2012 is now a major news story. I would say that Nikon is in very big trouble. Nikon's reputation is taking a big hit. The ability to raise funds in the market place and to sell to its customer will be adversely effected.

Absolutely true.  Nikon is in serious trouble.  China is one of THE largest camera markets in the world and the press that they are getting here is horrific, absolutely horrific.  This is a PR catastrophe of the highest order for a camera maker.  An absolute gold mind for Canon and Sony, which is also very popular here in China.

-- hide signature --

"Film is not a means to the end of "looking like film"... Making film-based photographs is an end in itself for me, not some kind of elaborate photoshop plugin. If I can't put Tri-X in the goddamn thing, I don't want it."
Anonymous

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow