Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Graham Hill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
Re: China asks Nikon to halt all D600 sales
In reply to Timbukto, 9 months ago

Timbukto wrote:

Horshack wrote:

Nikon had $1.6B of sales in China last year, China is the largest emerging market on the planet, and reputation is of supreme importance to Chinese consumers. Nikon is in trouble.

Yes this is true...people like to think that Americans as a whole are rather 'sheeple' and pay too much attention to brand image, marketing, and reputation over actual quality, etc (i.e. Beats headphones, etc). The importance of brand image is actually *worse* (i.e. greater) in many Asian countries including China. And if they feel they are getting poorer service compared to Americas or Europe its a nail in the coffin.

If I remember correctly the Nikon exec interviews were all 'China China China'...the headline of this OP is absolutely valid...its considerable trouble for Nikon.

Absolutely.  The Chinese who buy expensive gear are ALL about quality.  It is hard to imagine a worse situation for Nikon here in China.   This will end up very, very badly for Nikon.

-- hide signature --

"Film is not a means to the end of "looking like film"... Making film-based photographs is an end in itself for me, not some kind of elaborate photoshop plugin. If I can't put Tri-X in the goddamn thing, I don't want it."
Anonymous

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
yepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow