Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
johngilbert
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
Sony RX 100 MarkII vs Sony NEX-6
7 months ago

Anyone compared images from the two cameras and has an opinion?  It's been many years since I've used/purchased a small pocket camera.  I've been carrying the Nikon D700 with quality kit for some time now, but am in need of a nice high quality smaller camera that I can just throw in my pocket.  My phone camera just isn't cutting it!

I just googled best compact camera and the Sony RX 100 Mark I & II seems to be in all of the discussions.  One reviewer also mentioned the Sony NEX-6 as a possibility as well.  I see both get good reviews on Amazon.

I realize they use different sensors and I'm also quite aware that they probably won't give me anywhere close to the quality of my Nikon D700 with prime lenses.  I do see that the NEX is a little larger and that it is an interchangeable lens system.  I'm still not sure I'm sold on the NEX due to the eventual dust on the sensor (hate cleaning those things).  I don't care about that.  I just want a well made camera that with the right user can take VERY good pics and would like to know if anyone out there has shot both and has an opinion?

Thanks in advance!

Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow